Friday, February 10, 2006

Stank You Very Much









I went to Best Buy today to holla at my boy Travis to see if he can let me use his discount . Cuz you know people love da hookup!! So, I was walking down the aisle and there he was. I wasnt sure if it was him because I was trying to figure out why he was at the Best Buy at Stonecrest Mall. So I walked to the end of the aisle I was on, trying to play it cool. Then turned to walk up the aisle he was on so we would be facing each other if it really was him I looked at him...he looked at me and then I spoke..

Z- Wassup folk?
3000- Nothing much, just chilling
Z- How you been man?
3000- Just hanging out.
Z- You still doing the music thing?
3000-Does it look like it?
( he laughed when he said it, so I wasnt sure what that meant)
Z- I mean I hope so dawg. I know how the rap scene is it doesnt take long before a new cat comes in and does his thang. But I'ma be honest nigga, these new dudes couldnt check a microphone for you...thats real talk!
(he laughed )
3000 I know man..they all over the place
Z-I was just listening to "Crumblin Erb" yesterday nigga!
3000- Stop playing nigga
Z- For real dude. I mean I'm in the streets constantly and I keep my ear to the street And regardless of what you think people are waiting for some new shit from you.( he cracked a smile) I mean real talk, no one has come close to you since you left. And look how long they had to do it? Nobody can do what you did nigga!
3000-Ha. Word?
Z- I mean what we gotta do? I'll get on the campaign right now nigga. I know you got some new shit right?
3000- Yeah I do. It's just gotta be right. Matter of fact the new shit is crazy. I dont think niggas is ready for it.
Z- You always come from left field but people are really fiending for it right now
3000- I hear you nigga
Z-I mean I've been on different music websites and there's always some thread talking about when is the new one dropping
3000-Yeah..I feel you though but I just haven't felt "IT" lately.. That rush you get when its time to make some music
Z- The ATL's down for you though. Hell the whole world is . Ya'll made it cool to be from the A. I remember when I bought the first CD at the old Turtles Music Store on Old Nat'l.

3000- Thanks man. ( He starts laughing out loud)I appreciate that nigga. I miss being on the stage, this industry is so full of bullshit..
Z- And it always will be D! We just gotta get past that though. Good music is good music and it always finds a way to get to the people.
( He starts laughing out loud)
3000- You crazy nigga.
Z- Nah nigga. Thats real. You crazy. I know you sittin on some shit. I heard you been out in LA recording with Raphael Saadiq and some more folks..shit

3000- It's coming man, its just gotta be right. I've always been like that nigga. When it aint right you know it but when its right its right you dont even have to question it.
Z- I feel you.
3000- I been working though. I dont want peeps to think I'm just sittin on my ass. .

D- I don't get like this for just anybody though.. Its outta respect.. I remember when you came to my college about 5 years ago man.. I sat out in the hot ass Florida sun so me and my roomate could have a front row seat to watch you and Big Boi perform.
3000- Damn! I think I remember that show..
(he's laughing way louder than before now)
Then I look to my left and see my homeboy travis in beige khakis and a Best Buy shirt who can clearly see that I'm talking to 3000 but still manages to interrupt.
BEST BUY -Wassup man!
Zeez- Nothin much just chillin, just came up here looking for you.
BEST BUY - What you been up to?, I ain't seen you in a minute
Z-Yeah man, I just been working like a Hebrew Slave..
BEST BUY - I feel you man




Then he walks off and I turn to Andre 3000 to finish the convo and before I can start where I left off I hear my homeboy Travis interrupt me again...
BEST BUY - Ummm Zeez? One more question.
Z- What man?!?!?!
BEST BUY - Is it a particular reason that your standing in the Rap aisle talking to the cd's?

12 Say Something:

Its good hes coming out with some new shit. Its about that time too. The last one left me wanting more so i hope hes timely with it.

By Blogger Unknown, at 2:47 PM  

Wow, now that is so exciting. I can't imagine going to the store and bumping into some like that! Wow.

Damn, I wish I knew someone that worked at Best Buy. That is one of my favorite stores if not the favorite.

By Blogger Superstar Nic, at 6:56 PM  

Ohh man! I was just listening to "Spread" as I came to your page. That boy right there is something special with his pint sized self and his banging press 'n curl.....
I hope he comes back to Hollywood, so maybe we could bump into each other somewhere:-)

By Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie, at 11:07 PM  

am i the only one that caught the fact that you really didn't talk to andre. but this was a crunk ass entry. very creative partner. why can't you use this type of creativity when you purchase gifts (lol)???

By Blogger theurbanista, at 2:25 PM  

Sweetlime: I can't believe you are the only one who got this entire post..

You got jokes now!! Ok I'll show some real creativity.

To Everyone else: We'll work on colors and numbers tomorrow. Or some type of reading comprehension program...lol

By Blogger Zeezy4Sheezy, at 4:37 PM  

This was so brilliant that I HAVE To link you!

DAMN!

What a twist! I'm impressed. But I usually am impressed by you.

GO GATORS!

By Blogger editor, at 7:21 PM  

Awe nigga you had me! Keep that real shit up!

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:57 AM  

i got it but i was going with it...made me wanna go to amoeba and look around!

By Blogger A.u.n.t. Jackie, at 3:21 PM  

Z- That was brilliant man...You had me LOL....but thanks for the info...is he really working with Saadiq? If so ...I CAN"T WAIT!!!!!!

And uhm...you took long enough to post...

By Blogger DJ Diva, at 7:59 AM  

That was great. Love your style. You had me going to the end.... I'll be checking out your blog for sure!

By Blogger Mocha, at 12:31 PM  

I like this entry..

By Blogger The Humanity Critic, at 1:30 PM  

You almost had me but one thing kept me from believing this. I've been to Stonecrest Mall...you would NOT have been the only/first black person to see or talk to him. lol

By Blogger Nia, at 12:06 PM  

Say Something

links to this post