Saturday, November 12, 2005

Real Men


Now before my blog was deleted my last post was about how women often times say one thing but actually mean something entirely different. I know that a few of you took issue or offense to the fact that I didn't make any mention that men often do the same thing. Once again, I will make another disclaimer. This is just my attempt to make sense of the female species and I am only drawing upon my own experiences. Well to those who were concerned, Lately I've been thinking alot about who is considered a REAL MAN because I had someone tell me that is what they need now?

You hear both men and women using this term. What does it mean? Is it even important?

It's almost like the Loch-ness Monster or Bigfoot. You've heard alot about it, people claimed to have seen one but no one is actually really sure if it exists.

Well, after thinking about this particular topic for a long time okay actually 20 minutes when I was on the toilet , I've come to the conclusion that it is a VERY important topic. At this point, I believe that a REAL MAN is this "ideal" that women imagine when they're saying "I want a guy who is sensitive". They're thinking of the REAL MAN, and then they're imagining him ALSO being sensitive. There are a lot of aspects to this REAL MAN.

Here are a few criterion I've come up with:
-Status/Wealth
-Lack of Insecurities
-Standards
-Responsibility
-Experience
-Humor
-Unpredictability
-Leadership
-A Challenge
-Superior Sex Game
So to the readers, what is your version of a real man??

6 Say Something:

It really depends on the woman...for some ...she may need a lot of dough...and can deal with time away from him while he's making that dough....

for others...hell if he fixes some ish and totes the laundry, groceries, garbage...has nice words to say and maintains a blue collar job I'm ...oops I mean she's good! LMAO

Just kidding ...but ultimately it depends on the woman and what she needs...not just what she wants..

By Blogger DJ Diva, at 12:15 AM  

yikes...I went into a rant...I guess the excitement of having you back...:) (and i didn't answer the question...I did about 8 posts on it already LOL)

By Blogger DJ Diva, at 12:18 AM  

Ok your list is good...let me reorder for importance.

-Standards/Morals/Respect
-Responsibility
-Humor
-God fearing
-Lack of Insecurities
-Status/Wealth
-Lack of Baggage (ie he won't compare me to any of his past relationships)
-Superior Sex Game (I can pretty much get my own O if he lies back and lets me do my thing...however if he can hit it from the back with long strokin then we have a winner.)
-Good looks...which for me starts with height, continues with a nice smile and typically ends with the thickness.
-Unpredictability (I'll say spontaneous more so than unpredictable...unpredictable is maddening, where as spontaneous is pleasant.)
-Experience (Don't think this is very important to me. Although I don't date children because I don't want to be anyone's teacher.)
-Leadership (As long as he isn't the type to tell me what to do.)
-A Challenge...You can cross this off my list completely. As I've said before I don't need a challenge, I'm too old to play games.

By Blogger Nia, at 12:24 PM  

DJ Diva's right, it does depend on the woman. For me, it's everything everyone's already said...plus honesty. Without honesty, there's no trust. Oddly, honest men are hard to find...at least around here anyway lol. (Hmmm...maybe I should relocate..)

By Blogger DramaFree, at 3:09 PM  

Real man? For me, it would have to be a man who is honest and secure with himself. I remember Debbie Allen describing her husband as being "so much man he made her feel like more of a woman".

I can't believe someone actually deleted your blog. Wish I had visited before it happened.

By Blogger chele, at 5:46 AM  

your list is pretty good, but I don't think we like unpredictability. I prefer a man to be consistent and dependable. The only place I like the unpredictability is in the bedroom. You also have to include Good Sexual Skills on the list.

By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:47 AM  

Say Something

links to this post