Thursday, August 17, 2006

I'm 25 and still Alive!!

There's been times when i thought
I wounldn't last for long
But now i think i'm able to
Carry on
It's been a long, long time comin
And i know a change gone come
Oh! Yes it will


These are lyrics from the great man himself Sam Cooke...




Man oh Man.. So much has happened to ya boy in the last month I don't even know where to begin.

First things first... I just celebrated my 25th birthday last Saturday August 12. A little melancholy this year. I didn't do it big as initially planned but I had to keep things subdued (no wild stripper stories) and just be thankful for all the blessings I've received to be priveleged to make it this far.

All I can think about now is how I plan on changing myself so that the next 25 years can be even 10 times more fruitful.. So far as I reflect on the past quarter century. My life has been sprinkled with a few successes compunded by major losses, setbacks and poor choices.. Something that happened to your boy in July slapped me in the face and forced me to re-evaluate my shit. I don't like who I am and who I've become at this point. I've decided to facilitate some change within myself in order to ensure that I'll be able to reach my full potential and hit the pinnacle of success in everything that I do in life from here on out.

First off no more procastinatin'-This is one of my more biggest issues.. I don't even have a plausible explanation or even a clue as to how it even started but 90% of my problems have resulted i my not having a sense of urgency.. You can notice it in the way I walk, talk, and think.. I'm never in a hurry. I gotta be proactive in everything no one is gonna baby me anymore..

Stop letting your pride get in the way and being afraid to turn to people for help sometimes.. I'm not saying become a moocher or a leech who always has his hand out.. But I can't continue to think I can do everything by myself and be independent all the time.

I gotta stop ignoring the consequences of certain actions that I make in life.. I've had an uncanny ability to do some dumb shit and not even stop to think of what the outcome may be.

Stop having a fear of failure.. It doesn't make sense to have this fear cause its only blocking me from taking on action on something that can benefit me in the long run..

I swear sometimes this writing shit is theraputic.. If I can tackle these issues that prevent me from doing the right thing ya boy is on his way to big things..

To anyone out there who reads this, is there anything that you want to change about yourselves and it doesn't have to be physical..

1 Say Something:

now you know you can't beat...give them a good pop...and "threaten to kill them in the car"...i'm talking about the bad kids...after you threaten them...well i do..lil'sarccastik is starting to come around the corner...

By Blogger The Sarccastik Variable Why, at 5:12 AM  

Say Something

links to this post